He graduated from Bath College of Building and Construction and has worked for Nimbus Conservation before becoming self-employed.
Prior to this, he worked as a Press Officer for a large telecomms company - though from an early age, he was interested in art and sculpture and had attended a number of stone carving courses. Redundancy gave him the chance to learn a new trade and he has since worked on a range of projects, large and small which has included;
- Replacement tapering rubble-stone columns - construction and cutting of stone in Hullavington, Wiltshire
- Re-pointing and repair of Cotswold stone walls using lime mortar to several properties in Bampton, Oxfordshire
- Mortar repairs to the stone work several ecclesiastical and Grade 2 and 1 listed buildings, including Woodchester Mansion, Tynetesfield Orangery, and the former home of Margaret Thatcher in Chester Square, London
- Removal and re-installation of several large stained glass windows including mortar repairs to stonework at The Bristol Pro Cathedral
- Brick repairs and multiple stone repairs and pinning to Bath stone mullions and transoms to Grade 2 listed buildings in Lambourn, Oxfordshire
- Advice on reducing damp in pre DPM properties and repairs to damaged internal brickwork
- hand cleaning of sulphated stone and graffiti from stone and brickwork
.... and numerous other projects! Toby always happy to have a chat with anyone regarding potential work, and happy to give advice - whether its a large job or something relatively simple.